Translate

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Internet in Maseru


      And we are back. After two weeks of no internet we are sort of back in business. But after all that time, we are out of the habit of writing the blog. In fact we are out of the habit of writing anything at all. It was so frustrating to open the computer and see that internet was still not working, that we quickly closed it again. Oh sure, I could write posts into Word and then cut and paste into blogger (like I did with this one), but when there is no internet my head spins and I can not think.  I have a mental image of Madeline Kahn in Clue “Flames, flames on the side of my face”. Mom, this one is for you.


     So anyway- Maseru lost power for a day. Somehow it knocked out the internet. After a couple of days, we decided it was time to complain.  It still took days, more than a week just to get a hold of someone. We tried the Vodocom stick, like we had before, but it still stinks. We spent $80 for the max plan and blew through it in one day. We bought the same plan the next day and used it sparingly, like only for emergencies. Internet is back on. Now we just need phones and TV to feel normal. 

No comments: