With still more than two months before we get there, it is a little early to sing the praises of Lesotho. We don't live there yet, after all. But we do hope that our family and friends will come to visit, and here are 5 easy reasons to take that trans-Atlantic flight and visit us down in southern Africa.
This list is a work in progress. We'll update as we experience southern Africa for ourselves.
5. Victoria Falls: It is a little far away, but "The Smoke that Thunders" is considered the Seventh Wonder of the Natural World. At 108 meters tall (354 ft.), and 1,708 meters (5,604) it is claimed to be the largest waterfall in the world.
4. Cape Town: World class wines, great climate, and great beaches, in no particular order.
3. Kruger National Park: Larger that Connecticut, Kruger is truly one of the world's premier game parks. Lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras, you name it and it is lives in Kruger.
2. Skiing in Africa: What more can I say about that?
1. It will be home to The Maguire Wire for the next two years, of course.