Translate

Friday, September 16, 2011

Sometimes Africa isn't so Awesome

The kids had a stomach bug all week, one then the other up all night throwing up. Spencer and I have slept little, but so far avoided the germ that caused this.

After lunch my stomach started to hurt, but I didn't think much of it. I went to see Spencer at his office and that is where it hit. I was sick in the only bathroom in that entire building. I tried to flush, but there was no water. I tried the sink. Ants ran out out of the faucet when I turned the water on, but at least I would rinse my mouth. I found a bowl in the kitchen, filled the toilet tank with water and flushed a couple of times.

One toilet, no water in it, and ants in the sink water would never happen in the States. Africa just makes everything better.

No comments: