Translate

Monday, July 1, 2013

Roll Call

To put it mildly, I was not an adventurous eater as a child.  Had to get my burgers plain at McDonalds.  Couldn't stand the condiments or the tomato and lettuce.  And I still have them take the pickles off.  Didn't like sauce on my macaroni.  And all vegetables, other than raw carrots and raw green beans were non-starters.  It made my parents crazy.  In a bit of cosmic justice, feeding Josephine is an adventure. She drinks milk by the gallon, but only if it had been warmed slightly.  She often likes something the first time she tries it, but then hates it the next time.  Luckily, Ted will eat anything.

Over the years, I have gotten over my eating issues, and now I will try most things.  Good thing, that, as Africa offers the opportunity to try a number of exotic animals.  Below, a roll call of the various animals that I gotten to try here.


Cary's zebra was delicious braised in wine. Can't wait to see the rug.

My favorite - Oryx, called Gemsbok locally
Kudu (Namibia)
Blesbok
 
Impala

Ostrich


Crocodile

Springbok
While I will miss the wide variety of exotic offerings of the last two years, I really can't wait to get back to the USA for some of my favorite staples, Dunkin Donuts, Chipotle, good pizza, and on and on. 

2 comments:

Anna said...

Bring back exotic meats!

Joanne said...

I noticed that there aren't any new vegetables on the list!